Monday, June 8, 2009

Old song I wrote (Working Title: Romance or the Art of Breathing)

now (with this here melody)
i'm feasting on that agony
foresworn when you promised me
I'd never die alone
lined up like a guard brigade
the boy toys march, they serenade
but plastic is the new charade
so to the flames they go
watch close for you might guarantee 
the queen will take you out to tea
yeah, everyone's afraid of me
that's just the way i show.
chorus/bridge: 
I recognized you from the other day
when we were younger; we were kind
you'd give me this for some that
you could read my mind
so is it sposed to be just you and I?
how bout we sit back and watch the wicked time fly?
candy wrappers and cellophane, all the boys and all the pain, 
diamonds in the pouring rain,
baby.
2. so boys put away your magazines
and wander from your bleary teens
just love the girls who write you things
keep the fear at bay
and girls just put your wands away
no magic keeps them where they lay
it's up to fate and baseball games
that's what the experts say
chorus/bridge.

so here's the game, it's undefined:
the whip back gets me every time
let's try our best to skip the line
I'll carry you for real
but here's the simplest, smallest curl:
you're a boy, and I'm a girl
we live in an imperfect world
and that's all that I know.

No comments: