Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Got A Brand New Pair of Roller Skates

A List Of Things I Have Thought Today:

*There's something about Chuck Klosterman: right when I feel like he's pretentious or a living, patented Rob from High Fidelity complete with bizarre ideologies and write-offable 'cuteness' he says something that smacks me in the chest it makes so much sense. Reading "Killing Yourself to Live" (lifted from Courtney) and there's this passage in it where he muses about Cotard's Disease, this syndrome where the afflicted is convinced they are dead. I have moments like this a lot, weirdly, and I always think I'm the only person in the world who thinks this--so having it identified was so amazing. Ditto to his articulation of how weird it is to go somewhere just to say you've gone somewhere...I mean I could go on and on and on, but the gist is, I'd like to be trapped in an elevator with him on a rainy day.

*I can't decide whether or not to quit my second job. I feel jipped by the world job-wise this year (oh how obnoxious, Brittany, who isn't?) and I've kind of come to realize that I just honestly don't ever want to spend time doing something I know in my heart to be useless, even for money, again. It's partially cowardice and fear, but I also want to prove to myself I can do it for some weird vanity reason. 

*If I could cover a song and make my own music video for it (which I can. And WILL!) I would do Kiss, by Prince. It would be sooooo hot.

*President Obama smokes. Honestly, my first thought is 'cool!' and I can't really explain why. He seems quite human with a crutch. And also, I am a weak-hearted victim of the subculture, I cannot tell a lie. A lot of the time people look cool smoking. They don't look cool dead or in hospitals or with tracheotomies or black lung or "BAD PERSON" stamped across their forehead or fishing butts out of gutters or wearing Nicotine patches or with yellowed teeth, no, it's true, but the physical act of inhaling a little death and blowing spirals into the air is sexy. I think that's just fact.

*It was very scary riding the Metro today; it felt like being inside of a movie. How horrible for everyone involved in the crash.

*I still haven't made it onto Texts From Last Night despite a few of these winners:
-we're sitting around drinking margaritas and discussing marky mark's enormous dick in boogie nights. this would be like a great episode of sex and the city if these people weren't my parents...
-played rock paper scissors with osmar for an hour last night on the couch at 5am. so stoned we threw the same thing over and over. best party ever!
-dad on juno: it's not like he met her in a club and thought she was 23. this movie is unrealistic.
???
-do you think a water fight will damage my brand new biofit??? fuck it already in car, wet t-shirt party i guess.

*I just feel, in the world, that it should be easier to have sex. If everyone is so desperate, we shouldn't even have to try, right? It should be like the inevitability of seasons changing: if we treat the planet pretty good, we should be able to expect at least a little bit of snow, right?

In summation, I am...troubled.

No comments: