Saturday, September 19, 2009

There's a riff in my head that is very exposed and simple, like the way (meaning what it is when) I want. It's from "Passing Strange." The song is called Amsterdam. And it is so pretty, and I think it says ME right now better than words can (not because it's pretty; that's not what I meant).

Tonight will be a process of growing thicker skin. Every night of the week, I bet everyone grows thicker skin, as a reward and a retaliation for living through another 24 hours. There's a scene in one of the Chronicles of Narnia books where the jerk kid Eustace has a dream where he keeps shedding his skin and it is very painful, but eventually he's better than he ever was before. I suspect this is biblical. There's a shake, rattle and roll to rebirth I guess--wipe off the water of the day and be dry in the morning, ya dig?

No comments: