Friday, August 21, 2009

It's the weirdest thing, changing. I guess by nature of being CHANGE, it's always so different than how I imagine it. Like how spending so much time wanting something, and then suddenly not wanting it and not even missing wanting it...that's change, right? Abrupt and bizarre and unexpected and completely unfor-see-a-ble, but it's not like you're blindsided because more than likely it's been happening slowly for a long time, and only feels strange and new when you really stop to think.

It is almost time to go back to New York. I have been home for almost four months, which is almost half of a year (kind of). My summers are like sandwiches, usually, and this one was no different: I was uncomfortable and bored going in, got adjusted and had fun, now I'm uncomfortable and bored going out. I guess that's just the pinch of transitioning; we are so adaptable as human beings, right?


THINGS I'M EXCITED ABOUT
-seeing my best friends. SOOOO MUCCCCCCCCCCHHHH
-working again
-auditioning
-being in New York
-going to yoga every day (if all goes according to plan...)
-cooking for myself!
-wearing exclusively cute outfits
-becoming a better actor and writer
-lookin for love in all the wrong places
-COW!
-being on my own again
-this image of myself I have where I sit and write away in cute little coffee shops all over Manhattan
-Park Slope picnic
-my birthday!
-familiar faces
-being a mentor
-new friends! NEWNESS!

hahaha what a goofy list. Well to be fair, I'm not exactly forcing these thoughts on anyone. 

THINGS I HAVE DONE, THINGS THIS SUMMER HAS MEANT:
-getting a driver's license
-learning I never want to work in food service or child-care ever again
-shopping in the excess
-re-connecting with old friends in the easiest, most lovely way
-coming in to sexual power muahahaha
-noticing semi-unpleasant things about my family and why I probably cannot do this (meaning stay at home for four months) again
-missing New York, and Adin, and Liz and Molly and Will, and all my dearest friends oodles and oodles
-The Brusterhood of the Traveling Pants
-most likely gaining 45 lbs
-not thinking very much, not writing very much, being lazy enough to let myself exist in a kind of staticky limbo

No comments: